I began lecturing while still a Research Associate (teaching fuzzy logic and Prolog) then became a lecturer in 2002, working on my tHE teaching qualification, which I was awarded a year later.
I taught many types of BSc and MSc Computer Science over the years both in the UK and in Singapore (where we taught on an MSc Software Engineering course. I also supervised several PhD students.
- Speaker at many conferences and symposia, including Keynote Speaker at an international conference on bio-inspired computing (BIC’05).
- Trained and qualified to teach at higher education level (tHE qualification)
- Ten years experience lecturing, preparing a wide-range of computing and artificial intelligence courses, including planning and building curricula, and related admin
- Many years experience in training, devising and running practical sessions, both in higher education and for clients in industry.
- Hired to give a speech to the Malaysian Minister for Science in support of a multi-million grant. We got the money.